It’s February 28–the last day of the month, when I fetch usage statistics for my websites (as always, omitting about 6 hours of that last day), so here’s an update on GOAJ. (I might have stopped doing these, but the GOAJ download numbers are astonishing, so…):
- Paperbacks: No change. Two copies of GOAJ itself sold. So far, none of the others.
- Dataset: 30 more views, 1034 total views; 7 more downloads, 452 total downloads.
- GOAJ: two additional Lulu, 44 total Lulu copies, 3,039(!) more (total 14,623* copies from my site: total 14,667 (actual total almost certainly over 15,000). I dunno: I find that 3,039 figure astonishing at this point.
- Subjects: No additional Lulu, 19 total Lulu copies, 39 additional, 332* other copies, 351* total.
- Countries: No additional Lulu, 8 total Lulu copies, 179 additional, 1,345* total other copies, 1,353 total.
- C&I: New totals 1,298* copies of the excerpted GOAJ version (16.5) and 4,071* copies of “APCLand and OAWorld” (16.4.)
*Missing downloads from 11/13-11/30/16 and, for C&I, 11/13-12/15/16.
Gray OA 2011-2016 (Cites & Insights 17.1) shows a total of 975 downloads to date, and no apparent recognition anywhere else that the Shen/Bjork “predatory articles” numbers are demonstrated to be so dramatically wrong; the dataset shows 189 views and 43 downloads.