Here’s a precision grouping: What do Swiss Army Librarian, Ramblings on Librarianship, Technology, and Academia, Tinfoil + Raccoon and the pod bay door have precisely in common?
The Liblog Landscape 2007-2008: Introductory Offer
You’ll find the answer and more in The Liblog Landscape 2007-2008: A Lateral Look.
This 285-page 6×9 trade paperback looks at 607 liblogs (nearly all English-language) and, for most of them, how they’ve changed from 2007 to 2008.
From now through January 15, 2009, and only from Lulu, The Liblog Landscape 2007-2008 is available for $22.50 plus shipping.
On January 16 or thereabouts, that price will go up to $35.00. If and when the book is available on Amazon, it will immediately sell for $35.00.
Chapter 10: Visibility
Many blogging gurus (mostly outside the library arena) would say visibility is the most important thing for a blog–how many readers, how many ad impressions, how many links?
In previous studies, I’ve looked at it as an interesting factor–but also one that’s hard to judge externally. (Internally too: Given the way aggregators work, it’s hard to tell how many readers you actually have.)
This brief chapter discusses how I’ve looked at visibility in the past, what I did this time (and why it was only used as a lower limit for inclusion, not as an actual metric), why it’s getting even more difficult–and what I’ll do in future studies.
Chapter 11: Liblogs and the larger blogosphere
This very brief chapter looks at the 2008 Technorati State of the Blogosphere report and draws some comparisons between the liblog landscape and the larger blogosphere. Portions have already appeared elsewhere.
Who’s here, part 10
Fifty-one more liblogs (if I’m off by one or two, hey, counting while you’re marking to copy is hard):
- poesy galore 
- PomeRantz 
- Pop Culture Librarian 
- Pop Goes the Library 
- Practical Katie 
- Prairie Librarian 
- Professional-Lurker: Comments by an academic in cyberspace 
- QuÃ¦dam cuiusdam 
- Queequeg’s Content Saloon 
- quiddle 
- Quiescit anima libris 
- The Rabid Librarian’s Ravings in the Wind 
- Radical Reference 
- rambleonsylvie 
- Rambling Librarian :: Incidental Thoughts of a Singapore Liblogarian 
- Ramblings on Librarianship, Technology, and Academia 
- Random Musings from the Desert 
- Ravings of a Lunatic Librarian 
- rawbrick.net 
- The Reader’s Advisor Online Blog 
- Readers’ Advisory Knapsack 
- REAL PUBLIC LIBRARIAN 
- Redhaired Future Librarian 
- reeling and writhing 
- Ref Grunt 
- Remaining Relevant 
- repressed librarian 
- Required field must not be left blank 
- ResearchBuzz 
- ResourceShelf 
- ricklibrarian 
- Right Wing Librarian 
- Robotic Librarian 
- The Rock & Roll Librarian 
- RSS4Lib 
- Ruminations 
- The Running Librarian 
- RUSA Blog 
- Saving the world daily through information 
- The Scattered Librarian 
- schenizzle 
- Scholarly Electronic Publishing Weblog 
- School Librarian in Action 
- School Libraryland 
- ::schwagbag:: 
- Science Library Pad 
- SciTech Library Question 
- SD Librarian 
- Second L!fe L!brary 
- Second Life Research Journal 
- See Alsoâ€¦