Cites & Insights 8:7, July 2008, is now available.
The 26-page issue is PDF as always, but most essays can also be downloaded at the Cites & Insights home page or from the links below.
This issue includes:
- Bibs & Blather – Why there isn’t a nine-year cumulation of Top Tech Trends–and wondering about “free” and the worth of creative work.
- Trends & Quick Takes – four trends (including ongoing notes on high-def discs) and four quicker takes.
- Perspective: One, Two, Some, Many: Search Results & Meaning – And that’s the short title! Notes on the apparent meaningless of large open web search engine result counts.
- Interesting & Peculiar Products – fourteen products and eleven group reviews and editors’ choices.
- Retrospective: Pointing with Pride, Part 3 – third in the series of centenary celebrations.
- My Back Pages – Exclusive to the PDF version, as always: eight mini-rants.