Of course I’ll be at the 2008 ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim–and if you’d like to chat over a drink or whatever, let me know in advance. (I’ll have a cell phone, mostly for emergency use; if you want the number to text me with a possible several-hour delay for receipt, send me email before Friday, June 26.)
Here’s my schedule so far, with mandatory or nearly-mandatory items in boldface. Open times are, so far, open. (I’d love to attend a couple of LITA interest groups–but so far, as usual, it’s hard to find out what most of them are planning to talk about, although it’s always fun to de-spam the LITA Wiki while attempting to find out):
Friday, June 27, 2008
- American Eagle 3122, San Jose 10:05 a.m.-Orange County 11:30 a.m.
- Staying at the Hilton Anaheim
- 5-6ish?: WebJunction reception, Marriott Salon A-D
- 5:30-8 (some part): LITA Happy Hour, Mist Pool Bar, Hotel Menger
Saturday, June 28, 2008
- 8-9 a.m.: LITA IG and Committee Chair meeting, Crowne Plaza, Cabo San Lucas B
- 10:3-12: LITA Committee Chairs, Marriott 304
- 1:30-3: LITA Publications Committee, Hyatt Salon I
- 4-5:30: Science Fiction and Fantasy: IT and individual rights, Convention Center 304 A/B
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- Morning: Exhibits unless later appointments come into play.
- 1:30-3:30: Get the Word Out: How to Do It/Marketing for Small and Rural Libraries (speaking), Hilton, Pacific Ballroom B.
- 5:30-8 (some part): OCLC Bloggers’ Salon, Hilton, Avila Palisades – note change in room.
Monday, June 30, 2008
- 10:30-1: Private PLN-related meetings (includes lunch).
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- American Eagle 3161, Orange County 1:15 p.m.-San Jose 2:30 p.m.
Best chances to run into me without prior arrangements: on Friday, the LITA Happy Hour (prob. 6:30-8ish); on Saturday, the LITA Publications Committee; on Sunday, the program I’m speaking at–and it should be an interesting program (since there are four other people who know what they’re talking about) and, to be sure, the OCLC Bloggers Salon.
If you’d like to get together for drinks, lunch, dinner, whatever, or if you know of a LITA IG that’s likely to suit my tastes, let me know in advance–as usual, I travel without technology and don’t expect to check email during the conference.