Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 7:5 (May 2007) is now available for downloading.
The 26-page issue is PDF as usual, but you can get HTML separates of most essays from the home page.
NOTE: If you have any websites with links to the old C&I site, please change them. That site will disappear fairly soon.
This issue includes:
- Bibs & Blather – On being cited, introducing a new section, and a belated followup from Richard Entlich (with apology)
- Old Media/New Media – Updates on the health of four old media
- Offtopic Perspective: 50-Movie Classic Musicals, Part 1 – no West Side Story, but Reet, Petite and Gone is hot stuff.
- Interesting & Peculiar Products – four segments plus 15 roundups in seven categories in the new “Editors Choices and Best Buys” segment (replacing “PC Progress”)
- Making it Work – A new section, continuing the conversations about libraries, social software in libraries, balance… (and incorporating The Library Stuff)
- Net Media: The High-Def Disc Saga Continues – still not time for most libraries to start buying Blu-ray or HD DVD, but lots of news.
- My Back Pages – six grumpy little essays.
And don’t forget to visit Cites & Insights Books to buy Balanced Libraries: Thoughts on Continuity and Change.