Cites & Insights 6:1, January 2006, is now available for downloading.
The 24-page issue is PDF as usual. Except for “My Back Pages”–a new section that’s exclusively part of the complete issue–all sections are also available as HTML separates from the home page.
This issue includes:
- Bibs & Blather – Interdependency, C&I at Midwinter, YBP at Midwinter, “no year’s resolutions” and more.
- Followup/Feedback Perspective: OCA and GLP Redux – Why I was partly wrong about Project Gutenberg (as explained by Bruce Albrecht), plus a little more about the Open Content Alliance and a lot more about Google Book Search and the Google Library Project.
- Interesting & Peculiar Products – Eleven of them!
- Following Up & Feedback – Sony BMG and DRM, and recognizing that Fiona Bradley writes Blisspix, not Explodedlibrary!
- Â©2 Perspective: Will Fair Use Survive? – Notes on the first-rate new report from the Free Expression Policy Project
- Trends & Quick Takes – Eleven trends and quick takes and four quicker takes.
- My Back Pages – Five easy pieces in this PDF-only section.