Cites & Insights 5:11, October 2005 is now available for downloading.
I like to think of this as a nice short 20-page issue accompanied by feedback and followups on “Investigating the Biblioblogosphere,” but that brings the actual issue up to 26 pages.
Here’s what’s there–and those who detest PDF can reach each essay separately, in HTML form, from the C&I home page.
- Net Media: Google, Wikis and Media Hacks: Lots on Google (and Yahoo!), less on Wikipedia, Meredith Farkas’ remarkable ALA wiki, and more.
- The Censorware Chronicles: Because it’s been more than a year.
- Perspective: Future Libraries: Dreams, Madness & Reality, 10 Years Later: The “self-review” I promised earlier this year.
- PC Progress, March-September 2005: 30 reviews in a dozen categories.
- Trends & Quick Takes: Five brief essays and five really brief Quicker Takes.
- Followups & Feedback: A summary of what’s been said about “Investigating the Biblioblogosphere,” with some notes on likely changes “If There Is A Next Time”–and a couple of entirely separate items.