I’ve been using Firefox as my dominant browser at work for months now, happily so.
At home, once I got broadband, I started using Firefox more–except when I need to check work mail (iNotes still doesn’t play nice with Firefox). “More” meaning “exclusively except when I can’t.”
But an odd thing’s been happening–not all the time, but once every couple of days.
I’ll go do to my “pre-dinner Bloglines sweep,” click on the first blog with new postings, and wait. And wait. And…
Sometimes, the posts will come up after 20-30 seconds. Sometimes, not at all. Sometimes, a Refresh works. Sometimes, it doesn’t.
Yesterday, when this happened, I opened IE, went to Bloglines, clicked on the same blog, and got right in. And went through the whole set with no delays.
I still scan Bloglines at work in Firefox–and haven’t had this problem.
Clues gratefully accepted as comments. Otherwise, well, IE’s always on the machine.
[This post prepared in IE--and I think WordPress opened faster. But Blake may have done some tuning, or I may be hallucinating.]